There are several factors that are fueling the growth of digital video at an accelerated pace. To further understand these factors and provide insights into what is below the surface of the shift of advertising dollars, AOL surveyed Canadian brands, agencies and publishers to highlight key trends and map out the current state of the video industry.
In the 2015 Canadian State of the Video Industry report, AOL dissects industry trends that are driving growth in digital video.
Some key findings from the report:
- Marketers are shifting traditional advertising budgets to digital video. Digital video is growing, with the bulk of investments funded by shifting TV and display dollars to fund the format.
- Mobile and Video are two of the biggest trends, with their convergence comes new opportunities and challenges. Mobile video specifically is a huge trend with nearly two-thirds of Canadian buyers saying they’ll increase mobile video budgets in 2016.
- Programmatic is becoming ubiquitous. Both the buy side and sell side are benefiting from programmatic, which is offering efficiencies in regards to planning, buying, reporting and integration.
- Programmatic TV is gaining popularity as audiences fragment and brands reconsider how and where they buy. More than a third of advertisers who buy programmatically are also using programmatic TV buying, and an additional 30% plan to use it in the next year.
- Branded video is becoming increasingly important for marketers. Nearly half (44%) of Canadian buyers are using branded video content.
Complete the form below to download the report.